Georgian Triangle Anglers Association 2020 SLAM
For those that have been asking YES the Slam is a go but due to circumstances somethings have to change. Here is a copy of the new for this year rules. Registration will start on Monday July 27th, 2020 G.T.A.A. Slam
Rules and regulations
1. Date will be August 22nd, 2020. Cost is $200/team (up to 3 people/ team). All team members must be registered by August 22nd. We will be LIMITING the number of teams to 50
2. There will be a big fish also ($50/team). 60% of money to Longest Salmon, 30% to Longest Trout, 10% to G.T.A.A. conservation projects. Your team must be registered for Saturday’s tournament to qualify for Big Fish.
3. Prizes to be prorated but based on 50 entries. 1st $3500.00, 2nd $1000.00 and 3rd $500.00. If there are less than 50 entrants prizes will reflect the number of entrants. 1st Place 35%.
4. Prizes will be based on a team’s best/longest 5 fish, consisting of 5 legally caught fish. Teams may enter up to 3 trout (as long as their licenses allow for it) but 2 fish must be salmon.
5. All entrants’ boats to be inspected on Saturday morning before takeoff. After inspection each boat will receive their tags that are to be affixed to each fish that are to be entered.
6. Take off will be at 5:30am August 22nd (August 23rd alternate weather day). Return time 2:00pm, any boats not in the Harbour by 2:00 will be penalized (1inch/1min late).All pictures of your fish must be received by 2:45pm Saturday afternoon.
7. 1 Team member must be able to take pictures of your tagged fishand send these pictures to tournament organizers phones via text message or email. Upon receipt by organizers you will receive a confirmation that the picture has been received any team not doing so will be disqualified. All tagged fish must be measured facing the same direction and all pictures must show the whole fish displayed in the proper position( photos will be provided to show proper and improper positioning) any fish not positioned properly will be disqualified. In the case of a tie( big fish or total length) the fish that are entered first( earliest) will be the winner.
8. Each boat’s tournament registration # must be affixed to your vessel at all times in a visible manner.
9. Only legally caught fish may be entered. All MNRF fishing regulations must be followed.
10. All Boater safety rules must be followed (safety equipment, life jackets & safe boating practices).
11. Vhf channel 71 is used in the Collingwood area and will be monitored by organizers.
12. Eligible waters are Georgian Bay proper. Team’s may go anywhere on Georgian Bay during the tournament but must take off from and return to Collingwood Harbour.
13. You MUST return under your own power. Any team not returning under their own power will be disqualified. Any team willing to tow in a disabled vessel must return to the Harbour and drop off a team member with their cooler of fish before towing in the disabled vessel or they will be disqualified also. Only exception is in the case of an immediate life threatening situation.
14.All teams understand that they enter this tournament at their own risk and that tournament organizers are not responsible for any loss or damage.
15. The big fish winners and top 8 teams will be required to bring their fish to Rick’s Happi Hooka for Verification of length and to receive their prizes. All teams total length will be posted to the GTAA Social media and website. .